Hi, I’m Bridget, spelled the Irish way. I live in Denver, Colorado with my fiancé, Scott and our Bassett hound, Poogie. I love coffee, the outdoors, writing, photography, spirituality, and all things sustainability.
Leveraging years of customer service, writing, accounting, office management, event planning, hospitality, and recruiting experience; I have knowledge and experience in many career sectors. I am currently looking to work for a company whose goal is to create a cleaner, greener future.
CARBON AMERICA, Denver, CO September 2021 – May 2023
Office & Accounting Coordinator – April 2022 – May 2023
Front desk / facilities duties and accounts payable. Entered invoices, expense reports and new vendors, accruing use tax, attached bills to purchase orders, acquired receipts for company card purchases, attached to transactions and properly coded. Acquired approvals from managers on invoices. Booked travel, ordered lunches for visitor meetings. Go to person for employees for facility, supply, and technical requests.
- Managed increasing influx of invoices and credit card transactions monthly which required organization and time management.
- Compiled spending reports for managers and became very proficient in using and creating Excel spreadsheets.
People & Places Coordinator – September 2021 – April 2022
Managed front desk for climate change-focused start-up, including procuring supplies and furniture for the office, keeping the space tidy, and handling utility issues. Planned company events and happy hours, ordered customized company-branded merchandise for employees. Managed NDA / Consultant agreement database and Patent / Trademark database. Entered time into tracking software.
- Helped with recruiting, reaching out to prospective candidates to schedule phone and full-length interviews and coordinating with interviewer’s and interviewee’s schedules based on availability.
- Wrote job descriptions, posted and promoted on sites like LinkedIn.
- Ensured interviews went smoothly and set up computers and desks for new hires.
ST. JOSEPH HOSPITAL, Denver, CO July 2017 – September 2021
Customer Care Tech III, Supply Chain
Ensured nurses and critical hospital employees received supplies needed to do their jobs every day. Key responsibilities included responding to calls, delivering items to all hospital units, filling orders for outside clinics, and switching out and supplying trauma carts.
- Promoted to Team Leader with responsibilities of training all new employees, ordering pharmacy non-stock, inventory counts, and updating the supply catalog.
- Recognized by supervisors and coworkers for problem solving, time management, willingness to excel, and ability to deliver excellent customer service in a high-pressure environment.
FREELANCE WRITER 2015 – 2021
Writing articles for online and print publications. Featured in Fargo Monthly, The BoZone, Compare.com, The Ladies Network, Wellness Interactive, The Doe, Dismantle Magazine, Rewire News Group, and Twin Cities PBS.
303 MAGAZINE, Denver, CO September 2017 – January 2020
Food & Lifestyle Writer
Crafted stories via experiences, research, and interviewing Denver restaurateurs and business owners.
- Wrote 16 articles that got over 1K shares, with one article ‘Colorado Restaurants with a View’ currently sitting at 31.9k shares. Inspired the 303 Magazine audience to try new restaurants, coffee shops and local products and services, in turn helping to promote businesses in Denver and destinations in Colorado.
THE CAROLINE PROGRESS, Bowling Green, VA 2016
Created news stories compiled from attending board of supervisors and town hall meetings. Interviewed local residents, business owners, and politicians. Learned the ins and outs of local government and the basics of news reporting.
RVA MAGAZINE/GayRVA, Richmond, VA 2015
Wrote articles for both RVA Magazine and GayRVA’s websites, investigating what’s up and coming in the Richmond food and culture scene. Skills acquired include interviewing, reporting, editing, WordPress, attending events, audio recording and transcribing.
VIRGINIA LIVING MAGAZINE, Richmond, VA 2014
Copy edited and fact-checked for its print magazine and website. Managed the magazine’s Pinterest account as well as compiled lists of events around the state. Developed an extensive Excel database for their weekly online story series.
Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S. in Mass Communications; Strategic Advertising, 2015, Cum Laude
–Created the Denver community chapter for the manifestation program, To Be Magnetic (TBM). Organizing meetups for members in the group, both in-person and virtual. Sharing content to engage in conversation that helps each other optimize the TBM work we’re doing.
-I was a TV extra for the AMC series TURN: Washington Spies